SC “Uzavtosanoat”, established by the initiative and governance of President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov, during the years of independence became a symbol of constructive potential of our economy. Development strategy, based on equal and mutually beneficial relations with leading companies, is aimed to production of competitive goods answering international standards.
For today Uzbekistan is a unique producer of total spectrum of light vehicles and commercial techniques on the territory of Central Asia. More than 85 enterprises are members of the group, also partnering with more than 200 foreign enterprises and organizations. Nowadays the company presenting more than 24 thousands of working places.
At present time automotive industry of Uzbekistan is much more than leading branch of economy. It is our reality, which we proud for, and success recognized throughout the world. It has started 21 year ago since construction of the first automotive plant in Central Asia in Asaka, Andijan region. In 2004 “Uzavtosanoat” Association was transformed into Joint-Stock Company with the aim of production management efficiency growth. To date Company combines number of large and middle sized enterprises, including companies with foreign capital participation from Korea, Italy, Germany, USA and others. Among them - automotive industry enterprises, as well as enterprises producing consumer goods. One of key factors of efficient work is legibly established structure of SC “Uzavtosanoat” that is divided into the following directions:
- Main production companies: SC “GM Uzbekistan”, LLC “SamAvto”, JV LLC “JV MAN Auto – Uzbekistan”, CSC “GM Powertrain Uzbekistan”.
- Component parts suppliers – localization enterprises producing import-substituting components for the branch.
- Sales and service companies including leasing companies.
- “GM Uzbekistan” branch company in Khorezm.
- Positive dynamics of Uzbek economy development even under the conditions of global economic downturn is directed to modernization and diversification of economic potential, ongoing process of production update, introduction of innovative technologies.
- Great attention is paid to specialists training able to improve national vehicles in accordance with modern standards. Establishment of Turin Polytechnic University branch in Tashkent became a new step in specialists training program for automotive industry branch. Moreover, competent specialists are studying in Asaka and Samarkand Car Building Colleges, graduates of which successfully pass internships and become employees of SC “Uzavtosanoat” enterprises.
- SC “Uzavtosanoat” monitors and realizes on regular base projects, modernization programs, technical and technological re-equipment of production, measures on “Navoi” free industrial economic zone, development of Kokand industrial potential, projects on localization of components production in Namangan and Fergana regions, program on establishment of enterprises with foreign investments. The process is under ongoing control and is based on Presidential Decrees and Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan Resolutions.
- For today Uzbek automotive industry is one of dynamically developing branches of national economy, represents export potential of the country and plays main role in development of foreign economic activities of state.